The opportunity to join us as an intern is one that is unique, challenging and rewarding. We are currently looking for world-class talent to join our internship programme.
From day one, you’ll contribute to our ambitions whilst developing your skills and knowledge in the industry. Over the 6 months placement you will be given real work with tangible outputs within the business stream you apply to, allowing you to gain exposure to real business situations, with real responsibility.
Regardless of which team you join you will gain a depth of experience; getting the opportunity to work with seasoned professionals across our business and engage in development activities with your peers on the internship programme.
You will be based with the same team throughout the placement.
At Standard Life Aberdeen, we look to develop our colleagues from the beginning of their career.
During the internship programme you will build knowledge within the department you are in as well as having the opportunity to build a network with other interns and wider colleagues.
As well as on the job learning, you will have access to a wide range of E learning courses and complete a structured development programme that includes milestones including
training, networking and gaining exposure to senior stakeholders across the business.
On completion of your internship, outstanding interns will be considered for a position on our 2 year rotational graduate programme within the business stream you have completed your placement within. This programme gives graduates the chance to start their career in a
highly supportive team environment, whilst gaining skills, experience along with support through further qualifications.
We are looking for undergraduates and graduates in their penultimate or final year of studies to join our internship programmes. We are looking for motivated candidates who have:
• Communication skills: Can clearly and effectively communicate both written and verbally.
• Team Work: Encourages team work, collaboration and breaking down boundaries when working with others.
• Trust & Integrity: Demonstrates the organisations’ values to deliver work with integrity and to high ethical standards.
• Planning & Prioritising: Organises and priorities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives based on relative value, importance, and urgency.
• Attention to detail: Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and organisation in work.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
The internship application is made up of four easy to follow stages.
1. CV & online application - If you’re serious about a role with us, it’s worth taking the time at this stage to get your CV and application right.
2. Online tests - When doing the tests, it is always best to choose a quiet location where you won’t be disturbed.
3. Telephone interview - This is your chance to have a conversation with us and to re-affirm your motivation for applying and interest in the stream you have applied to.
4. Assessment Centre- This is the final stage in the process, where we get to meet you face to face and you have the chance to really make an impression.
Our Internship applications for Y2020 will open on 9 December 2019. Find out more about our many opportunities by visiting our Early Careers website www.standardlifeaberdeen.com/careers/early-careers