MSCI Coverage Support Intern is a member of the Greater China Coverage team whose primary responsibility is to support the Senior Sales Specialists and Relationship Managers covering all client segments locally. Individuals in an MSCI Sales Support position are responsible for facilitating the sales process and educating clients and prospects on MSCI products.
The Coverage Support Intern plays a key role in identifying leads and assisting the Client Coverage team members in providing research and analysis to current and prospective clients.
This role provides offer a good exposure and training to final year university students who can work with us on a part-time basis or a few full days a week. MSCI internships engagements run for 6 months.
Scope of Responsibility
- Pre-sales activities and process management
- Market analysis, competitor research, prospect research
- Qualifying sales leads who contact MSCI
- Set-up and participate in prospective client and current client discussions
- Manage new pipeline and renewal opportunity, follow-up and generate contracts, follow-up invoice issuance
- New product placement support
- Provide sample data or analysis to assist a client with any due diligence
- Campaign tracking, analysis and reporting of key metrics
- Ad-hoc or regular English material translation to Chinese
- Other admin/sales support relevant duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as Mandarin
- Eager to learn & deal with new stuff, either by self-learning or by reaching out to internal colleagues
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines
- Exposure to the Salesforce platform preferred
- Experience in cold calling and prospecting preferred
Internship experiences with financial institutions preferred